Four-point Risk Management Strategy – “ensuring consistent product quality and proper supplier selection”
- Physical plant surveys to evaluate manufacturing and storage facilities, production stability and capacities. Surveys our subcontractors or outsourced production processes.
- In-depth quality assurance reviews including incoming material controls, in-process quality controls and final inspection quality criteria are conducted.
- Social accountability concerns are reviewed including vendor employee interviews.
- Processing of contractual agreements and terms of supply.
- Internal Factory assessment report is generated which indicates all major/minor nonconformities along with a recommendation to proceed.
- Detailed product specs and quality criterion are developed.
- Pilot run and product testing before mass production begins.
- “Golden sample” and Min/Max range boards are used to confirm agreed product acceptance criteria.
- Statistical process controls, rework stages and final pass yields are monitored to define potential areas of risk.
3. Final Inspection
- Every shipment is inspected by our quality inspector prior to authorization for final shipment release.
- Inspections utilize a comprehensive and product specific inspection procedure (IP) developed during design stage and encompassing customer’s requirements.
- Random sample inspection limits are defined using AQL sampling and inspection methodologies.
4. Compliance Reviews
- Use of external third party test facilities to ensure product compliance where necessary.
- Effectively communicate ongoing expectations and defined measures of success.